LAS VISITAS ESCOLARES SE CANCELAN HASTA NUEVO AVISO DEBIDO A LAS RESTRICCIONES POR COVID-19.
University & School
The Teatro Real has a special commitment to educating young people. Each season it presents several programmes for schools, such as the Real Junior programme and its school matinées; school tours of the theatre; and broadcasts of its children’s shows to schools all over Spain. It also has a specific training programme for students at university, art school or colleges studying arts-related subjects called “La Universidad a Escena” (Universities On Stage), the first programme of its kind in Europe, it began in 2010.
SEASON 19/20 - EL REAL JUNIOR SCHOOLS
As it does year after year, El Real Junior presents its magnificent 2019-2020 season with great stories for families and children.
This season, the goal is to discover wonderful stories and exceptional artists who, wearing the masks of their own characters or communicating as themselves, show us beauty, poetry and those sentiments of which we can be proud as human beings, such as love, compassion and gratitude.
Picasso, Andersen, Beethoven, Buster Keaton, Poulenc, Satie, Cesar Franck, Mary Shelley, Wagner, Prokofiev, Debussy, among other artists invite us to think about masks, the ones we wear to pretend to be someone else, or the ones that sometimes help us to live, or the masks we fight in order to be free, all of this through art and music.
We begin the season with the mysterious show Mi Amigo el Monstruo by the Belgian company Clair de Lune Theatre, a new approach to the famous figure of Frankenstein, whose monster "mask" will help us understand that sometimes what is different is beautiful and real, and this will teach us a lot about ourselves. In October, there is the much-anticipated debut of Acróbata y Arlequín by the company La Maquiné when we enter the fascinating pictorial universe of Picasso. It tells the remarkable story of Pablo, a child who will discover his talent through clown masks, circus magic and music.
In December La Pequeña Cerillera (The Little Match Girl) returns, a moving Christmas musical story to share as a family.
January kicks off with a visit from Buster Keaton in Classic Films with New Music II. This deadpan genius will give us a selection of his best films set to music by the pianist Jean Jadin.
In February comes Piano from Other Worlds, our famous piano concerts in the Sala de Orquesta of the Teatro Real, with music from other galaxies!
For younger children, after last season’s success, the beloved elephant Babar returns in Babar El Pequeño Elefante, with music by Poulenc.And finally, we will celebrate the birthday of a man who behind a very serious-looking mask hid his gentle heart. We still hum and sing his beautiful melodies today as we celebrate the 250th birthday of Beethoven!
And of course, there is our dear Fernando Palacios with the eighth year of the series Todos a la Gayarre!
Don’t miss this wonderful season of El Real Junior —we’re expecting you, with or without a mask!
Shows for schools
Specific requirements for your centre to participate
Juniors of the Teatro Real is the Teatro Real's educational programme. This is a project aimed at public and private schools with music teachers. To participate in any of these activities, please fill out the form which you can download below.
Centers of education throughout Spain can access the Teatro Real easily by taking their students to local cinemas.
The application should be filled in correctly and sent to the department of educational activities along with centre preferences of day and time. The educational activities department of the Teatro Real will try to fit around these preferences whenever possible, or suggest similar alternatives if necessary.
Contact and booking: Marta Villegas
Tel.: 91 516 06 96
Fax: 91 516 06 51
The educational activities department of the Teatro Real offers a guide for each performance. This will be available on the website a month before the show. The guide provdes information about the literary and musical context, historical background and theatrical aspects of each production. You can also use the audio and video content on the website, which is regularly updated by the educational activities department.
Hazte Colegio Amigo del Teatro Real
Por formar parte del Colegio Amigo del Teatro Real las familias y alumnos disfrutan de muchos beneficios:
- Reserva preferente de localidades para funciones escolares.
- Web específica con la programación infantil y juvenil del Teatro Real con contenidos adicionales, y descuentos exclusivos para docentes, niños y familias.
- Acceso gratuito al contenido infantil y juvenil de la videoteca del Teatro Real a través de su plataforma Palco Digital.
- Entradas adicionales gratuitas para el profesorado en funciones escolares y entradas gratuitas para algunas de las funciones familiares de fin de semana (según disponibilidad).
- Promociones especiales en la compra de entradas de espectáculos de ópera, danza y recitales para el personal docente, padres y alumnos del Colegio Amigo.
- Distinción con el sello Colegio Amigo del Teatro Real y mención del nombre del centro escolar en la página web del Teatro Real, redes sociales y otros soportes de comunicación.
So that children and their families can discover music and dance in a different way, the Teatro Real will screen some of its shows on cinemas all around Spain.
The programme My School: a Friend of the Teatro Real is a new scheme to connect the Teatro Real with centers of education, one which looks at encouraging a more direct and ongoing relationship with educational institutions. It offers benefits for students and their families in the Juniors of the Teatro Real programme.
There are many advantages for families and students who are part of My School: a Friend of the Teatro Real
- Preferential booking for school performances
- A specific website with extra information about the children's and teenager's programmes at the Teatro Real. Special discounts for teachers, children and families.
- Additional free tickets for teachers for school performances and free tickets for some of the weekend family performances ( depending on availability)
- Special offers for teachers, students and their familes of My School: A Friend of the Teatro Real when purchasing tickets for opera, ballet and recitals
- Insignia of My School: A Friend of the Teatro Real on the web site of the participating school. Name of the center of education on the web site of the Teatro Real, on social media and in other publicity.
ALCALÁ DE HENARES
AZUQUECA DE HENARES
BOADILLA DEL MONDE
CORRAL DE ALMAGUER
GUADALIX DE LA SIERRA
- CEIP Vázquez de Mella
- CEIP Cortes de Cádiz
- Colegio San Pedro Apóstol Ribatejada
- IES Villablanca
- CEIP Nuestra Señora de la Almudena
- Colegio San Agustín Madrid
- Colegio Jesús Maestro
- CEIP Ciudad de Zaragoza
- CEIP Francisco Arranz
- Colegio San José de Lucero
- Colegio La Salle Nuestra Señora de las Maravillas
- Colegio Valdeluz
- CEIP Asunción Rincón
- CEIP Martínez Montañés
- CEIP Manuel de Falla
- Colegio Santa María la Blanca
- CEIP Winston Churchill
- Colegio Santísimo Sacramento
- Colegio Sagunto
- CEIP Nuestra Señora de la Soledad
- Colegio Arenales Carabanchel
- CP Pintor Rosales
- Santo Domingo Madrid FESD
- Colegio Menesiano Madrid
- Colegio San Alfonso
- Colegio Santa María del Bosque
- Real Colegio Santa Isabel-La Asunción
- Colegio San Diego y San Vicente
- Colegio Nuestra Señora de las Nieves
- IES Fernando VI
- IES Príncipe Felipe
- Colegio Concertado Azorín
- Colegio Sagrados Corazones Martin de los Heros
- CEIP Ramón María del Valle Inclán
- Colegio Nuestra Señora de Loreto FESD
- CEIP Parque Aluche
- Colegio Abaco
- Colegio La Navata
- Colegio Clara Campoamor
- Colegio Santísima Trinidad
- Colegio Daoíz y Velarde
- CEIP Parque Eugenia de Montijo
- Colegio Liceo Consul
- CEIP Stella Maris College
- CEIP Príncipe de Asturias
- CEIP Ramón Pérez de Ayala
- Colegio San Agustín de Los Negrales
- Colegio Pureza de María
POZUELO DE CALATRAVA
TARAZONA DE LA MANCHA
TORREJÓN DE VELASCO
VELILLA DE SAN ANTONIO
VILLANUEVA DE LA CAÑADA
VILLANUEVA DEL PARDILLO
VILLAVICIOSA DE ODÓN
Students can visit parts of the theatre which have never been seen before by the general public. The elegant salons on the second floor, the different rehearsal rooms, the spacious dressing rooms and the Royal Box are some of the areas to be seen during two different types of tour of the Teatro Real. The General Tour focuses on the architecture and history of the building. On the Young Tour, students see the various departments of the theatre and learn about backstage technolgy and artistic aspects of the Teatro Real.
Based primarily on the history of the Theatre from its opening in 1850 to its renovation and reopening in 1997. The general visit focuses on aspects of the building itself, the decoration of the public spaces, how an opera house functions, and the many curiosities to be found there.
The daily tours are in Spanish, but they can also be taken in English, French or German. To arrange tours in other languages or with specialist guides for school groups, please email to ask about viability: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tour times: Monday to Sunday from 10 am to 1 p.m.
Duration: 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Group bookings and information:
- Telephone: 91 516 06 96
- Email: email@example.com
- Price for school groups: 5 euros
The Teatro Real’s Youth Tour is a guided tour designed especially for schools, showing the variety of activities and professional skills involved in running a modern opera house.
It includes an artist’s and a technician’s viewpoint of the most important spaces and departments of the Teatro Real: the rehearsal rooms where the orchestra and the ballet practice, the costume and make-up workshops, and of course, the stage and the auditorium.
Youth Tours are held from Monday to Friday at 10 a.m, when the different departments are all at work, so the young visitors can see these unique spaces in action and understand what the Teatro Real staff do every day.
Duration: about 60 minutes
Prices: €9 per person
12 people minimum per group. Book in advance at:
Teatro Real Guided Tours Department
- Telephone: 91 516 06 95
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
From your University to the Theatre Stage
El Teatro Real and universities
"From Your University to the Theatre Stage", is a pioneering European programme launched in 2010 that has allowed 14,000 students from different universities to get a closer look at the Teatro Real. Technical tours, meetings and discussions with performers and theatre professionals, along with invitations to rehearsals are the key highlights of the project. Students receive university credits for participation, and take part in analysing and evaluating the Teatro Real opera productions, carry out academic works in groups, and finish with an oral presentation and discussion.
"From Your University to the Theatre Stage" has been nominated for Classical:Next "Innovation Award 2017"
More information: email@example.com
Are you an Amigo del Teatro Real yet?
Live the Teatro Real experience beyond its wonderful productions and you will contribute to elevating our institutional project.